Tuesday 28 February 2012

Morning in the Waiotira

I know I've posted similar photos before but when I woke this morning I thought just how lucky we had been with the weather over the time I'd been away.  Rain had been promised but, except for an hour or so before we ventured out one morning, the weather had been very kind to us.  And when I opened the curtains this morning the mist was magical and as it cleared the views were stunning:




On the way into Whangerei for the plane home I managed to photograph the ever-elusive Peacocks on the other side of the creek (thanks to the 30x 810mm equivalent image stabilised lens):

7 comments:

  1. I used to know how to work focal length to magnification. I'll have to look it up. A grand misty shot. I suspect the Peacocks got you up early, noisy devils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots... I always thought that it is very unfair that the male peacocks got the beautiful feathers ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures. Please send us some of your lovely sunshine. It is still very mild and raining here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured the lifting of the fog well. Beautiful landscape, and the peacocks are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots, I find peacocks to be oddly unphotogenic takes me forever to get one good shot..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous of those peacock shots. I've been trying to catch them for years.

    ReplyDelete