Tuesday 13 December 2011

The Cottage and The House

The Swimming Pool posts have led to some comments which make me think that some of my more recent readers and not aware of the circumstances of my life in New Zealand and also think that I live in The House.  I don't.  I live in The Cottage.  Over the years I have done many posts involving The Cottage but I think that if you follow this link you will get a better picture of the situation.  There are more pictures and stories to be had if you follow the label The Cottage.

The situation is that my New Zealand family, Wendy, Martin and the four children are my surrogate family.  They live in The House which is on a 5 acre (2.2 hectare) Lifestyle Plot.  You are limited to one house on a lifestyle plot but you can have a 'granny house' so in October 2007 a 'granny house' was put on site and that is now my New Zealand home.

At the moment The Family is making substantial alterations to The House including putting in the swimming pool.  Because I use this blog partly as a means of keeping in touch with friends and family, partly as a sort of diary/reminder of things I have done and the chronology of my life here and partly as a way of meeting people in Blogland I sometimes blog on things as a matter of record rather than general interest.  The swimming pool is an example of that.

So I hope I haven't given anyone the wrong impression.  Your comments are all pertinent of course in that I shall certainly be there swimming in it!

3 comments:

  1. Blogging is tricky sometimes that way, isn't it, when you've been keeping at it for a few years. What and when to repeat, or not. You did well with this post I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. As I'm fairly new to your blog I appreciate the information about your NZ family and the photos of The Cottage. The lavender is lovely!

    ReplyDelete