Friday 18 March 2011

The Trivialities of Success

Today was the second day of the 77th Hawkes Bay Association Croquet (AC) Handicap Singles Tournament.  This year it was held in two divisions.  I played in the second division.   For the record I won all my games and therefore won my division despite being the person against whom all the free shots were being given.  However that wasn't the high point.  AC is a game played as much against one's self as against one's opponent.  Today I made from hoop one to the peg in one turn without using any free shots.  It was the first time I'd done it.  I was fair chuffed. Chuffed enough, in fact,  to make it a matter of record.

I wonder how I'll get on tomorrow and Sunday when it's the Championship or Levels Tournament (ie with no free shots against or for anyone) where the competition will, in theory at least, be much stronger.

7 comments:

  1. Great achievement. Congratulations wih your win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you! Good luck today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed, although I'll bet you don't need it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you - keep chuffing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. I had a great time. It's a while since I enjoyed my croquet so much. The wonderful 8 days of good, warm, calm weather helped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, and congratulations! I'm reading your older posts first, so I don't know how you did later.

    ReplyDelete