Monday 7 March 2011

Small Skies

It's Monday night and I'm back home.  I've been staying at the holiday house (small sort of place that sleeps 19 - more if you put up some camp beds!) of croquet friends.  Of course I was with The Girls (Jayne, Colleen and Sandra) who take me away with them when they go off to tournaments.  Well, actually, on this occasion I drove them.  The house is in Mount Maunganui just off the seafront.  It was the perfect retreat for three generations of a family.  Yesterday morning I stood on the first floor balcony and looked out.  What struck me was the fact that I couldn't see the sky.  I'm used to skies.  But I'm also used to electricity.  In this case I think I'll forego the sky and make do with the electricity cables and poles.

4 comments:

  1. Makes me realize how much of our electricity must be underground these days. I'm sure there were a lot more of these about back in my youth. Nice silhouette photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when power lines get in the way of my shots, never dawned on me to make a feature of them! They are quite lovely in the early morning light.

    ReplyDelete