Friday 14 January 2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm a bit late this week.  I was too busy being thankful yesterday that I didn't have time to write about it and this morning I'm still in Palmerston North but have another full day even though the Tournament is over.  So today I'm thankful for the life that I'm able to lead and for the fact that Jaz (who's done a really lovely Thankful Thursday post this week) started me reminding myself to be thankful.  I'd be even more thankful if I had a few spare hours to spend in Blogland but I'm off to another tournament today for the weekend.  I should be home on Monday evening and then I'll be back to 'normal' for a few weeks.

The last tournament?  Well, I'm thankful for the fact that Judy and I won the Consolation Competition, that I came fourth in the Open Championship (and I was, according to my handicap, the 'worst' player in the event) out of 12 and, finally, I'm thankful for the fact that Mike and I played off for the first place in the Open Handicap and I didn't disgrace myself (Mike is a -2 handicap and I'm a +10!) because I managed to lose 15:18.

So I'm a very happy and thankful bunny.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for all the thankfulness!
    Sounds as you are having a fab time.
    I sure did get a giggle from your comment on my blog. I tell my children off for insisting on toilet humour........but maybe I should include it in my writing more often!!
    Have a good week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, another tournament already! Well, sounds like you're on a roll, so I hope you'll enjoy the weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your tournament, GB. Anytime I can spend hours outdoors in pleasurable activity is a day in heaven - I'm sure it is much the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful that you get to live the life you do, and you're having a good time!
    What a blessing for you!
    Me too! How many people get to do what I'm doing? I'm thankful!

    ReplyDelete