Thursday 18 November 2010

Thankful Thursday

I lack any talent whatsoever when it comes to playing a musical instrument and am poor at identifying individual tunes.  However I have a great love of music and the emotions that it can evoke.  I am thankful for the fact that I can appreciate music and that it has played such an important emotional part in my life.

Today I saw some people who were limited to life in a wheelchair.  I have been told by the medics that one of my knees needs replacing.  I am thankful, however,  for being able to walk and play croquet and for being able to do so with relatively little pain most of the time.

I am thankful for the fact that I live in countries where I have freedom to be who I am, to do the things I want to do and say the things I want to say.

4 comments:

  1. All great things to be thankful for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto

    I'm also thankful for freedom and my body's ability to work and play.

    Long may it continue for both of us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect that almost anyone who is able to comment on your blog must be so thankful for your third one. We live in a place (and an age in that place) in which we are so fortunate.

    ReplyDelete