Tuesday 13 April 2010

Evening On The Firth Of Thames

Taken when Jayne and I spent a weekend in Thames at a croquet tournament our motel was on the edge of the Firth of Thames.  We spent several evenings wandering the water’s edge.

DSC04221 Pied Shags roosting between the Firth and the cliffs

DSC04245 Pied Shags at the water’s edge

DSC04252Now who’s getting on whom’s nerves

DSC04258Oystercatchers and New Zealand Dotterel (Tuturiwhatu) Charadrius obscurus (I’m fairly sure)

DSC04277 Gathering at sundown

6 comments:

  1. That last one is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rae, that last picture is fantastic. And I love your comment on the third one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to agree, the Firth of Thames has never looked so good. But my favourite is the dotterel, they such cute little birds...and so endangered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them all. The oystercatchers are pretty cool, aren't they? I'd like to be sitting on that beach in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, an NZ Dotteral in breeding plumage.

    ReplyDelete