Tuesday 3 November 2009

Sad Days.

The last few nights without Colleen have been strange for Jayne and I.  It's been hard knowing that life has been carring on for us whilst Colleen has had to deal with the trauma of a sudden illness and then the death of her husband on Sunday morning.  Another friend though croquet from Palmerston North is also experiencing the trauma of an imminent death.  I feel so deeply for the two of them because I can imagine exactly what they are going through.

It has brought home to me just how much New Zealand is a home to me.  When one knows people well enough to attend funerals one is at home.

7 comments:

  1. So saddened to read this, GB. Your presence will be helping immensely.

    Passing loving care to your friend and her family.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to hear this Graham and yes you do know what they are going through which makes you a great support. Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry to hear the news. Thinking of you and your friends, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you. /Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting definition, and true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GB, I am very sorry to hear of this sadness. My heart goes out to Colleen and family and friends. Thinking of you...take care....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the sadness - thoughts of healing across the sea

    ReplyDelete