Sunday 29 March 2009

The Tournament is Over

The Tournament is over and my life should now return to what passes for normality. Mind you I have absolutely no idea what constitutes normality ( or 'normalcy' as Simply Heather blogs about). It's been seven days of concentrated physical and mental effort from 0830 every morning until late afternoon or early evening. I once read that one can walk 7 k during an afternoon of croquet. Given that some of the players are in their 80s that's not bad going.

Mike has returned this evening to Gisborne and The Cottage now feels empty. After two weeks of guests it seems quite odd.

There is lots to catch up on and it may take me a day or two to get back into the swing of things: especially as I have entertaining to catch up on, friends to catch up with and Club competition games to play in both Golf and Association Croquet. But, hey, the time will pass so quickly and, if I'm honest, I don't want it to. People keep reminding me that I will be going off to Lewis for my Scottish life in 4 weeks. Oh how the time doth fly.

The Welcome Swallows fly round the lawns constantly and one was kind enough to sit on one of the hoops for long enough for me to get his picture. They are such wonderful companions on the lawns although if one flies within a few feet when one is addressing the ball or trying to take a shot it can be a bit of a problem.

1 comment:

  1. I trhink the name Welcome Swallow is among the best in the bird world.

    ReplyDelete