Wednesday 25 February 2009

REO Wolverine

Not particularly outstanding from the front

But a very significant rear

And a wooden steering wheel

New Zealand Tax stickers are very informative

I could post many many photos of vintage cars. There is a huge number in New Zealand. There is a significant Vintage Car Club in Hawkes Bay. The Art Deco Weekend is a major event in the calender for vintage car owners: we even get cars coming over from the USA. For me it is one of the highlights of the weekend. Unfortunately with several hundred cars here each year inevitably quite a high percentage are repeat appearances.

However this Reo Wolverine was one that I didn't recall seeing before. In fact the name REO as a car company meant nothing to me. So, of course, I consulted Wikipedia and, lo and behold, discovered that it was a name that my US readers would know instantly. The REO Motor Car Company was a Lansing, Michigan-based company that produced automobiles and trucks from 1905 to 1975. At one point the company also manufactured buses on its truck platforms. So now I know.

1 comment:

  1. If I owned that car I would just have to drive it backwards all the time!

    ReplyDelete