Thursday 15 January 2009

I Woke Up

I always feel good when I wake up first thing in the morning. I always think that it's a lot better than the alternative. Not that I'm particularly afraid of the alternative it's just that I can't be sure that there are croquet lawns there and I'd find it a real bummer if I were to be separated from all my friends and family just now. As I opened my eyes this morning this was the scene that greeted me. In fact this is the scene that usually greets me. From this you can tell a number of things. Firstly that I sleep with the curtains open (they've not been drawn since the first week I ever lived in HeeBeeGeeBeE's (The Cottage's proper name - Hawkes Bay GBE's, see?); that I have a lovely peaceful view over orchards, that it's a beautiful sunny morning; that a camera was at hand; and that I woke on my right side. You really wanted to know that didn't you.

2 comments:

  1. Curiosity makes me ask - what is the thing on the edge of the patio / deck? It looks like a distress flare. Is that in case you only half wake up???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an oil lamp for burning mozzie repellant oil. One of part of the armoury available. Another blog post idea.

    ReplyDelete