Saturday 3 January 2009

An Afternoon At The River






This afternoon I took the children to the nearby Tutaekuri River where there are plenty of opportunities for messing about in the water.  I took a book and fully expected to sit on the bank in the heat and let them play whilst I read.  It wasn't quite as simple as that.  It rained.  So I sat under the bridge whilst they spent a couple of hours messing about on the river.  After all rain doesn't really matter when you're that wet.  It was good fun though and I got quite a few photos.  The above are of David doing a bomb (in which he actually managed to hit his bum on the bottom).  The ones below are of Fraser, being Fraser.


1 comment:

  1. I'm an ex-Taradiddlian living in Oz, but this blog reminds me of the days when I went to Puketapu School - 1961. The Tutaekuri River was the school's "swimming pool"

    ReplyDelete