Monday 31 March 2008

Magical Moments

Every now and then we are privileged to experience something magical.

Early evening yesterday as it was getting dark there was a chattering twittering outside the Cottage. I went to investigate. Two Fantails were using the washing whirligig as a base from which to catch insects and having a very lively conversation. Fantails can be quite friendly birds so I'm not sure whether they were so intent on their food or just didn't care that I was standing on the deck watching. Either way it was a masterful performance as they would espy an insect and then indulge in some rapid aerobatics to catch it. The most magical moment was when an insect visible to me flew in front of me on the deck. One of the Fantails flew to it and snatched it in its beak about a yard from my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment